Thursday 31 March 2011

Craving Ink.

I have found myself this morning contemplating and craving another tattoo. The very thought of it makes me excited and I am not sure why.. all in all I am not really 'that type' (disgusting stereo type inserted) of person. I am not fond of looking like a walking canvas, nor do I want to have so many that I am judged for them, and if i was to be honest, I don't know what my attraction  is based on.. but it's there.

As a close friend of mine pointed out, it's a life long commitment, but I never really think of it that way. It just becomes another thing I added to my personality. I see it this way because of the meaning behind each of my current two.. and not in the 'this ink on my skin defines me, im twleve type of way'.. they are just reminders to me of moments in life that shaped my current personality. I do occasionally even look at them and remind myself of how far I have come. Alright, so I just read that back and it still sounds a bit preachy and twelve, but in my head it makes total non bogan sense.

The problem is that now I already have two I am so aware of the imense consideration getting anymore requires. I like the two I have, they are ink but I don't feel they make me look dirty. There is a fine line for me between what I would call enhancing your body for lack of a better word and completely trashing it. So many people I know have got tattoos that make me cringe. I don't want to have to add myself to this list. Ever. So I will sit on the final two I have wanted for awhile a little longer and compress the craving as I always do, just to make sure. But it is more than likely by the end of the year another one will emerge on my skin.

I often wonder if anyone else has the same cravings.. but don't act on them out of respect for their body.

2 comments:

  1. I still havn't decided what/where i want to get. im very concerened about getting it done on my wrists - especially both :/

    What are the two you would like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your concern.. I never worry to much about my wrist because it is easy to cover. However doing these things when we were young and stupid and didnt know any better/and or want to would have been far easier.

    I want to get folie a deux on my ring finger and damask print up my right foot. both of which i need to consider carefully.. boo.

    ReplyDelete